Who are we?
Bit-Wizards is an award-winning software development and IT company that focuses on providing technology solutions for businesses of all sizes across various industries. Founded in 2000 and recognized for excellence at the national, regional, and state levels, Bit-Wizards is the result of a vision to create a company where innovation and creativity flourish. Located on some of the US's most beautiful beaches in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, our office facility boasts an impressive work environment. We are a group of 60+ creative, dedicated, forward thinkers who love working on new and challenging projects that bring success to our coworkers and clients. Continued professional development is highly encouraged through training opportunities and certification programs paid for by Bit-Wizards. Opportunities for advancement are yours for creation.
But wait, there's more! Along with competitive pay and benefits, Bit-Wizards has an award-winning, open, and fun company culture. We offer a host of in-office amenities, a casual dress code environment, and monthly social events, and we treat our employees and their family and friends as our own.
As a 13-time recipient of Florida Trend magazine's "Best Company to Work For" and six-time recipient of Inc. magazine's "Best Workplaces," Bit-Wizards is the place to be!
This position is full-time and in-house. Applicants must be able to work onsite with our team in our Fort Walton Beach, Florida office.
What will you do?
This is an experienced role on our Quality Assurance team. You will be the Software Quality Assurance Experienced Specialist. Your day-to-day role will be responsible for performing various tests in an agile (ish) system development environment. You will document the test issues found and make those reports accessible. You will work alongside the QA team and project managers to develop solutions to roadblocks and issues.
How you'll make an impact:
We seek a highly motivated, team-oriented person with a passion for creative problem-solving—someone who thrives on learning technologies. The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues is a must. Your meticulous attention to detail will wow your co-workers and our clients.
- Perform smoke testing, integration testing, regression testing, and acceptance testing in an agile (ish) systems development environment.
- Document system problems and verify fixes.
- Design, develop, and maintain system test plans, test cases, test procedures, and automated tests in compliance with program functional, technical, and performance requirements.
- Work with the QA lead and software developers to establish and develop test methods and techniques.
- Understand business rules and validate requirements against user expectations.
- Ensure all testing results are easily accessible and understandable.
- Performing and reporting on test activities and their results
- Assuring and communicating release readiness
- Assists Developers with problem investigation and resolution as necessary
- Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure closure per product guidelines
- Actively create, track, and update tickets in Azure DevOps
- Other related quality assurance duties and responsibilities
- Minimum of a high school diploma, G.E.D., Trade/Vocational School certificate, or equivalent required
- Proven, relevant 3 to 5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Demonstrated proficiency with both Web- and mobile apps- (iOS, Android, and Amazon) based testing methodologies
- Familiarity with current web and mobile development technologies, distributed architecture, and agile (ish) development methodology
- Comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical colleagues
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think critically, problem-solve creatively and prioritize tasks in an agile (ish) environment
- Experience in issue tracking or ticketing systems
- Possess a valid driver's license with reliable transportation.
- Experience with MS SQL preferred
- Experience with .NET
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Xamarin mobile framework
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Familiarity with the unit and automation testing
If you are interested in the above position, meet the requirements, and are ready to love where you work, it might be time for you to become a Wizard!
*Candidate(s) who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
**Bit-Wizards is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***No outsourcing or recruiting firms, please.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Salary or wages listed on Indeed.com or TheLadders.com are not based on actual data for this job listing. The salary ranges that any third party provides with the listing on their websites are based on their own salary calculators and are not accurate for the Northwest Florida area.