Who are we?
Bit-Wizards is an award-winning software development and IT company that focuses on providing technology solutions for businesses of all sizes across various industries. Founded in 2000 and recognized for excellence at the national, regional, and state levels, Bit-Wizards is the result of a vision to create a company where innovation and creativity flourish. Located on some of the US's most beautiful beaches in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, our office facility boasts an impressive work environment.
We are a group of 60+ creative, dedicated, forward thinkers who love working on new and challenging projects that bring success to our coworkers and clients. Continued professional development is highly encouraged through training opportunities and certification programs paid for by Bit-Wizards. Opportunities for advancement are yours for creation.
But wait, there's more! Along with competitive pay and benefits, Bit-Wizards has an award-winning, open, and fun company culture. We offer a host of in-office amenities, a casual dress code environment, monthly social events, and we treat our employees and their family and friends as our own.
As a 12-time recipient of Florida Trend magazine's "Best Company to Work For" and six-time recipient of Inc. magazine's "Best Workplaces," Bit-Wizards is the place to be!
This position is full-time and in-house. Applicants must be able to work onsite with our team in our Fort Walton Beach, Florida office.
What will you do?
As a Bit-Wizards’ Kotlin developer, you will work with other software engineers of the highest caliber to engineer exciting, effective solutions for each client. If you can build and manage relationships with customers and co-workers, focus on the details of every task, as well as explore and master new technologies while having fun, you will fit in well at Bit-Wizards!
How you'll make an impact:
Bit-Wizards is looking for a motivated and talented Kotlin developer who has a passion for software development, working with new technologies, and enjoys being part of a company culture that makes you feel like family.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment but also be self-managed and autonomous
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain highly-visible, feature rich applications
- Optimize solutions for performance and scalability
- Troubleshooting and solving application issues reported by QA, Support, or application monitoring tools
- Work within issue tracking system for work assignment and status
- Take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion thoroughly and efficiently
- Actively participate in training and growth activities
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical studies, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience building feature rich, quality mobile applications and features
- Strong proficiency in Kotlin and/or Kotlin Multiplatform mobile
- proficiency in Android Java
- Experience with Android Studio or other Android IDEs
- Experience working with issue tracking systems (TFS, Azure Boards, Jira)
- History of working with version control systems such as Git
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Excellent attention to detail
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Experience with Xamarin, Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Andoird, and/or Xamarin.Forms
- proficiency in C#, .NET, and cross-platform mobile application development
- Experience with Visual Studio and Microsoft tools
If you are interested in the above position, meet the requirements, and are ready to love where you work, it might be time for you to become a Wizard!
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Salary or wages listed on Indeed.com or TheLadders.com are not based on actual data for this job listing. The salary ranges that any third party provides with the listing on their websites are based on their own salary calculators and are not accurate for the Northwest Florida area.
*Candidate(s) who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
*Bit-Wizards is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***No outsourcing or recruiting firms, please