Who are we?
Bit-Wizards is an award-winning software development and IT company that focuses on providing technology solutions for businesses of all sizes across various industries. Founded in 2000 and recognized for excellence at the national, regional, and state levels, Bit-Wizards is the result of a vision to create a company where innovation and creativity flourish. Located on some of the US's most beautiful beaches in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, our office facility boasts an impressive work environment.
We are a group of 60+ creative, dedicated, forward thinkers who love working on new and challenging projects that bring success to our coworkers and clients. Continued professional development is highly encouraged through training opportunities and certification programs paid for by Bit-Wizards. Opportunities for advancement are yours for creation.
But wait, there's more! Along with competitive pay and benefits, Bit-Wizards has an award-winning, open, and fun company culture. We offer a host of in-office amenities, a casual dress code environment, monthly social events, and we treat our employees and their family and friends as our own.
As a 12-time recipient of Florida Trend magazine's "Best Company to Work For" and six-time recipient of Inc. magazine's "Best Workplaces," Bit-Wizards is the place to be!
This position is full-time and in-house. Applicants must be able to work onsite with our team in our Fort Walton Beach, Florida office.
What will you do?
We are currently seeking a Front-End Developer who is passionate about developing strong technical solutions with exceptional user experiences and works well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a positive attitude who likes taking on new challenges and architecting solutions and is able to drive a project to successful completion with limited oversight
How you'll make an impact:
As a Bit-Wizards employee, you will be part of a company that invests heavily in our team. We want you to be the best “YOU” you can be so we provide many training opportunities, exceptional benefits, an open and friendly culture, monthly social events and much more. This position of Front End Developer will work on our Software Engineering team but will also collaborate with our other teams.
- Design, architect and develop user interfaces using modern front-end technologies and software development best practices
- Work with team members across multiple departments to build large-scale, high-availability applications
- Actively participate in project architecture and planning discussions
- Interface with clients to gather requirements, be an expert consultant, report on progress, solve problems through collaboration and more. i.e. act as a Trusted Advisor.
- Estimate the level of effort to develop, test and deploy the front-end requirements for applications
- Optimize applications for high performance
- Troubleshoot issues and implement solutions using best practices, not band-aids
- Conduct code reviews and help establish/govern front-end development processes and workflows
- Maintain expert level knowledge on ADA compliance as it relates to application development
- Act as a mentor to junior level front-end developers
- Experience working with front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation
- Good understanding of CSS pre-processors such as SASS and LESS
- Strong experience with consuming and/or creating RESTful APIs
- Experience building applications for ADA compliance
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how to optimize front-end code for SEO
- Experience working with tools and frameworks such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack and NodeJS
- Strong knowledge of building solutions with an MVC approach
- Good understanding of asynchronous programming
- Experience developing for content management systems; Kentico experience is a plus
- Experience working with source control systems; preferably Git
- Experience with image editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of best practices for UX and a proven eye for good design
- Proven ability to produce wireframes and prototypes for applications
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Possess a detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Ability to troubleshoot light backend issues/code
- Experience with backend programming languages; preferably C#
- Experience building solutions with a TDD approach
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design concepts and microservices
- Good understanding of unit and automation testing
- Knowledge of web components, ES6 and Typescript
- Previous experience building solutions for Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Good understanding of SQL and/or NoSQL database solutions
- Previous experience working with CI/CD processes
If you are interested in the above position, meet the requirements, and are ready to love where you work, it might be time for you to become a Wizard!
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Salary or wages listed on Indeed.com or TheLadders.com are not based on actual data for this job listing. The salary ranges that any third party provides with the listing on their websites are based on their own salary calculators and are not accurate for the Northwest Florida area.
*Candidate(s) who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
*Bit-Wizards is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***No outsourcing or recruiting firms, please