Who are we?
Bit-Wizards is an award-winning software development and IT company that focuses on providing technology solutions for businesses of all sizes across various industries. Founded in 2000 and recognized for excellence at the national, regional, and state levels, Bit-Wizards is the result of a vision to create a company where innovation and creativity flourish. Located on some of the US's most beautiful beaches in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, our office facility boasts an impressive work environment. We are a group of 60+ creative, dedicated, forward thinkers who love working on new and challenging projects that bring success to our coworkers and clients. Continued professional development is highly encouraged through training opportunities and certification programs paid for by Bit-Wizards. Opportunities for advancement are yours for creation.
But wait, there's more! Along with competitive pay and benefits, Bit-Wizards has an award-winning, open, and fun company culture. We offer a host of in-office amenities, a casual dress code environment, and monthly social events, and we treat our employees and their family and friends as our own.
As a 13-time recipient of Florida Trend magazine's "Best Company to Work For" and six-time recipient of Inc. magazine's "Best Workplaces," Bit-Wizards is the place to be!
This position is full-time and in-house. Applicants must be able to work onsite with our team in our Fort Walton Beach, Florida office.
What will you do?
This is a leadership role on our Quality Assurance team. You will be the Software Quality Assurance Manager. Your day-to-day role will be responsible for recruiting, managing, and growing the Quality Assurance Specialists as well as diving the QA best practices across multiple agile (ish) teams. You will participate in daily scrum, planning, product demo, and retrospect meetings. You will work alongside the QA team and project managers to develop solutions to roadblocks and issues.
How you'll make an impact:
We seek a highly motivated, team-oriented person with a passion for creative problem-solving. Someone who drives tasks to completion and unites clients' needs with shareholders’ expectations. The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues is a must. Your perseverance will wow your co-workers and our clients.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a growing team of Quality Assurance Specialists
- Drive QA best practices across multiple agile (ish) teams
- Take action as a problem solver when issues or roadblocks to the team’s success are present
- Attend and participate in daily scrum, planning, product demo, and retrospect meetings
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor the progress and implementation of initiatives
- Collaborate with developers to understand how new enhancements impact end-user product experience
- Interact with vendors (technical issues, project initiatives) as necessary.
- Research and provide training on process improvements including but not limited to new tools, testing processes, and agile product development lifecycle
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions, including materials, manpower, and time necessary
- Other related quality assurance duties and responsibilities
- Minimum of a high school diploma, G.E.D., Trade/Vocational School certificate, or equivalent required
- Experience leading a team
- Proven, relevant 8 or more years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Demonstrated proficiency with both Web- and mobile apps- (iOS, Android, and Amazon) based testing methodologies
- Familiarity with current web and mobile development technologies, distributed architecture, and agile (ish) development methodology
- Comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical colleagues
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think critically, problem-solve creatively and prioritize tasks in an agile (ish) environment
- Experience in issue tracking or ticketing systems
- Possess a valid driver's license with reliable transportation.
- Leadership training or certifications
- Experience with MS SQL preferred.
- Experience with .NET
- Experience Azure
- Experience Xamarin mobile framework
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Familiarity with the unit and automation testing
If you are interested in the above position, meet the requirements, and are ready to love where you work, it might be time for you to become a Wizard!
*Candidate(s) who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
**Bit-Wizards is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***No outsourcing or recruiting firms, please.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Salary or wages listed on Indeed.com or TheLadders.com are not based on actual data for this job listing. The salary ranges that any third party provides with the listing on their websites are based on their own salary calculators and are not accurate for the Northwest Florida area.