Who are we?
Bit-Wizards is an award-winning software development and IT company that focuses on providing technology solutions for businesses of all sizes across various industries. Founded in 2000 and recognized for excellence at the national, regional, and state levels, Bit-Wizards is the result of a vision to create a company where innovation and creativity flourish. Located on some of the US's most beautiful beaches in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, our office facility boasts an unique work environment. We are a group of 60+ creative, dedicated, forward thinkers who love working on new and challenging projects that bring success to our coworkers and clients. Continued professional development is highly encouraged through training opportunities and certification programs paid for by Bit-Wizards. Opportunities for advancement are yours for creation.
But wait, there's more! Along with competitive pay and benefits, Bit-Wizards has an award-winning, open, and fun company culture. We offer a host of in-office amenities, a casual dress code environment, and monthly social events, and we treat our employees and their family and friends as our own.
As a 13-time recipient of Florida Trend magazine's "Best Company to Work For" and six-time recipient of Inc. magazine's "Best Workplaces," Bit-Wizards is the place to be!
This is a full-time hybrid position located in Tallahassee or Panama City . Applicants must be able to travel to our Fort Walton Beach, Florida office occasionally.
What will you do?
This is a Solution Consultant role on our Managed IT Services Sales Team. A strong propensity for technology, a self-starter, and an outgoing personality are a must. Your day-to-day role will be focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses find IT peace of mind by developing real-world solutions focused on increasing their productivity and business continuity. You'll achieve this by getting out into the community and meeting the business owners and employees, setting appointments, and conducting needs assessments with those business owners. You'll help business owners understand the need for excellent IT and how partnering with Bit-Wizards will not only reduce their frustrations but will also help them increase revenues. Some of your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect, Prospect, and Prospect. You'll work closely with the Director of Solution Consulting to generate new business.
- Upon proving the ability to understand essential IT Selling Skills and Prospecting Efforts, you'll be promoted to a Sr. Solution Consultant. This is expected within 1-2 years of your hiring date.
- Follow a Market Business Development strategy that includes locating, qualifying, and setting meetings for new customer opportunities
- Build and nurture relationships with local business organizations, such as Chambers and Networking Groups
- Generate and develop new networking connections
- You'll study and learn all about IT Services from Network Solutions, Cybersecurity, and Proactive IT Management
- You'll learn high-end selling techniques and practices and train with Sales Management to polish your skills.
- Establish and grow the Bit-Wizards brand in the community and position yourself as a trusted advisor to clients
- Be goal-oriented, demonstrate ownership thinking with attention to detail, and carry a sense of urgency
- Achieve weekly prospecting and meeting set goals.
- Working with Sales Management, you'll develop a prospecting plan and put that plan into action.
- Track all prospecting and sales activities within company provided Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Travel to client/prospective client sites, conferences, seminars, or other travel as necessary
- Keep current with trends, topics, and emerging technologies as they relate to technical solutions
You will be responsible for finding business owners through prospecting over the phone, email, social media, networking, and any other avenue you can utilize. We don't call it sales; we call it 'making friends.' Ultimately, you'll be responsible for achieving and exceeding goals set by leadership by any legal and ethical means necessary.
You'll also have to be a self-starter and self-motivated. Basic attributes we are seeking include the following:
- 2+ years of experience of proven success, preferably in the B2B space.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience selling to business owners or C-level clients.
- Demonstrated ability to meet weekly prospecting and meeting set goals.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 solutions
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IT Networks
- Basic knowledge of network security solutions
- Ability to prospect and relationship-building skills
- Ability to build strong rapport and establish trust and credibility
- Gregarious personality
- A highly motivated nature with a passion for technology and sales
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience using CRM tools
- Experience in networking for lead generation and relationship management
- Experience in managing the overall Business Development process
- Ability to effectively telecommute and travel for meetings when necessary
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dedicated Work-Space at home (no kitchen tables here)
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Reliable transportation is required
What would give you bonus points:
- A background in IT network architecture and managed IT solutions
- A background in Microsoft Office 365 solutions
- Have existing relationships with local business leaders and referral partners
- Strong LinkedIn experience
If you are interested in the above position, meet the requirements, and are ready to love where you work, it might be time for you to become a Wizard!
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Salary or wages listed on Indeed.com or TheLadders.com are not based on actual data for this job listing. The salary ranges that any third party provides with the listing on their websites are based on their own salary calculators and are not accurate for the Northwest Florida area.
*Candidate(s) who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
*Bit-Wizards is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*MUST PASS DRUG TEST
*No outsourcing or recruiting firms, please.