Bit-Wizards is an award-winning software development and IT company that focuses on providing technology solutions for businesses of all sizes across various industries. Founded in 2000 and recognized for excellence at the national, regional, and state levels, Bit-Wizards is the result of a vision to create a company where innovation and creativity flourish. Located on some of the US's most beautiful beaches in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, our office facility boasts an impressive work environment.
We are a group of 60+ creative, dedicated, forward thinkers who love working on new and challenging projects that bring success to our coworkers and clients. Continued professional development is highly encouraged through training opportunities and certification programs paid for by Bit-Wizards. Opportunities for advancement are yours for creation.
But wait, there's more! Along with competitive pay and benefits, Bit-Wizards has an award-winning, open, and fun company culture. We offer a host of in-office amenities, a casual dress code environment, monthly social events, and we treat our employees and their family and friends as our own.
As a 12-time recipient of Florida Trend magazine's "Best Company to Work For" and six-time recipient of Inc. magazine's "Best Workplaces," Bit-Wizards is the place to be!
This position is full-time and in-house. Applicants must be able to work onsite with our team in our Fort Walton Beach, Florida office.
What will you do?
This is an entry UI/UX Design role in our Marketing Department. You will work within the Mobile/Web Design team to create and implement user interfaces and optimize user experiences, so they are intuitive and aesthetically aligned with the products and their goals.
How you'll make an impact:
We seek a passionate, user-centric person who enjoys working with new technologies and stays current on the latest UI/UX trends for various mobile and web interfaces. Your propensity for attention to detail and an eye for clean/artful design will wow your coworkers and clients.
- Create user-centered designs based on business requirements and user feedback
- Develop user flows, storyboards, low-fidelity wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity designs, and wireflows
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- The ability to translate requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns, and attractive user interfaces
- Design interfaces and optimize user experience for iOS and Android applications
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Collaborate effectively with the product, front-end development, software engineering, customer experience, quality assurance, and management teams
- Incorporate user feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design that enhances the user experience
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders
- Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related field degree or proven work experience equivalent
- 1-3 years of proven UI/UX experience
- Strong, demonstrated attention to detail and keen eye for aesthetics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up to date on the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Must work well both independently and collaboratively
- Experience designing interfaces for iOS, Android, and web applications
- Proficiency in design tools like Sketch, Figma, Axure, etc.
- Front-end development knowledge (HTML, CSS, Sass, JS, etc.)
***PORTFOLIO REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION***
If you are interested in the above position, meet the requirements, and are ready to love where you work, it might be time for you to become a Wizard!
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Salary or wages listed on Indeed.com or TheLadders.com are not based on actual data for this job listing. The salary ranges that any third party provides with the listing on their websites are based on their own salary calculators and are not accurate for the Northwest Florida area.
*Candidate(s) who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
**Bit-Wizards is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*MUST PASS DRUG TEST
*No outsourcing or recruiting firms, please.