Who are we?
Bit-Wizards is an award-winning software development and IT company that focuses on providing technology solutions for businesses of all sizes across various industries. Founded in 2000 and recognized for excellence at the national, regional, and state levels, Bit-Wizards is the result of a vision to create a company where innovation and creativity flourish. Located on some of the US's most beautiful beaches in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, our office facility boasts an impressive work environment.
We are a group of 60+ creative, dedicated, forward thinkers who love working on new and challenging projects that bring success to our coworkers and clients. Continued professional development is highly encouraged through training opportunities and certification programs paid for by Bit-Wizards. Opportunities for advancement are yours for the creation.
But wait, there's more! Along with competitive pay and benefits, Bit-Wizards has an award-winning, open, and fun company culture. We offer a host of in-office amenities, a casual dress code environment, monthly social events, and we treat our employees and their family and friends as our own.
As a six-time recipient of Florida Trend magazine's "Best Company to Work For" and 12-time recipient of Inc. magazine's "Best Workplaces," Bit-Wizards is the place to be!
This position is full-time and in-house. Applicants must be able to work onsite with our team in our Fort Walton Beach, Florida office.
What will you do?
As a Bit-Wizards’ Software Engineer you will work with other engineers of the highest caliber to engineer exciting, effective solutions for each client. If you can build and manage relationships with customers and co-workers, focus on the details of every task, as well as explore and master new technologies while having fun, you will fit in well at Bit-Wizards!
How you'll make an impact:
If you can focus on the details of every task, and explore and master new technologies, you will fit in well at Bit-Wizards. Ideal candidates have or are seeking a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical fields, knowledge of, or desire to learn coding .NET applications, and possess good communication skills, as well as strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- interface with clients to define business requirements, establish yourself as a Trusted Advisor and report on project statuses
- Be able to effectively lead and manage projects with a constant grasp on budget, timeline, business requirements, quality and client satisfaction
- Work well in a collaborative team environment but also be self-managed and autonomous when necessary
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain highly-visible, feature rich web applications
- Take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion thoroughly and efficiently
- Optimize solutions for performance and scalability
- Maintain a strong understanding of cloud architecture and building solutions for the cloud
- Actively participate in training and growth activities both as a student and as a teacher
- Possess the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related technical studies, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience building rich web applications
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET MVC and .NET Core
- Strong aptitude with T-SQL and database design
- Experience developing solutions for Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- History of working with version control systems such as Git or VSTS
- Prior experience interfacing with clients and/or product owners
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and proven ownership thinking/mentality.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple areas of responsibilities
- Proactive, customer-focused with a passion for Web and emerging technologies
- Experience working in an agency/consultancy environment
- Microsoft Developer Certification(s)
- Kentico, Sitefinity or other Content Management Systems
- Developing mobile applications for iOS and/or Android
- Working with Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS and TFS)
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Implementing Unit Testing into applications
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- HubSpot or other marketing platforms
- CI/CD and build pipelines
- Continuous Integration and automated build and deployment processes
If you are interested in the above position, meet the requirements, and are ready to love where you work, it might be time for you to become a Wizard!
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Salary or wages listed on Indeed.com or TheLadders.com are not based on actual data for this job listing. The salary ranges that any third party provides with the listing on their websites are based on their own salary calculators and are not accurate for the Northwest Florida area.
*Candidate(s) who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
*Bit-Wizards is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*MUST PASS DRUG TEST
*No outsourcing or recruiting firms, please.