For my 37th birthday, I am sharing 37 life lessons that have helped me enjoy this beautiful journey we call life. Some of these are great quotes that I love. Others are just sayings that I made up on my own. My hope is to bring joy or enlightenment to others.
I learned some of these lessons at a very young age and others I learned more recently. These lessons help me to continue to look for ways to improve how I live my life. I discovered these life lessons from various places including family members, friends, writers, rappers, body builders, and of course even bumper stickers!
- Be thankful for everything! True happiness, starts with knowing how truly blessed you are.
- "It is never too late, to have a happy childhood!" -My Momma
- "Only boring people are bored." -My Momma
- "When something bad happens to you, you have three choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you or let it strengthen you." -Unknown
- "Listening is loving." -Hector from “Hector and the Search for Happiness."
- Happiness is an attitude! It is an inside job.
- "Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like it’s heaven on earth." -Mark Twain
- "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.”- Winston Churchill
- Love with everything you’ve got. Love fully and unconditionally, even if you think you are going to get hurt. "It is far greater to love and to lose than to never love at all.” -Unknown
- "It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage that we move on to better things.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- "Anger is a wasted emotion." -Unknown
- "No one can take away your birthday." -Shannon Dey
- "There are no guarantees in life." -Unknown
- Live by your core values.
- Appreciate every moment given to you.
- Don't take things personally. It is usually not about you.
- No one likes a whiner or a complainer. Don't be that person.
- "Everything in life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice. " -Marc & Angel
- "If you don't like your life, change it!" -My Momma
- "To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks, but a special heart that listens." -Unknown
- "Inner peace occurs when you choose not to allow a person or event to control your emotions.“ -Unknown
- Strive to be a better person than you were yesterday.
- "We cannot change what we refuse to confront." -Unknown
- True growth takes dedication, hard work, sacrifice, and pain. Embrace the pain. It is making you better.
- Adversity makes us stronger and wiser. "Learn to dance in the rain." -Unknown
- Be completely honest with yourself and others. Your life will be much better for it.
- "Impossible is nothing!" -Iggy Azalea
- Anything worth having, you have to work for.
- "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." -Henry Ford
- Hang out with people that lift you up and not ones that bring you down.
- Choose relationships where both parties benefit. Not where someone is exploiting the relationship.
- "To be extraordinary, you can't be ordinary." -Unknown
- “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else." -Judy Garland
- "Worrying is like rocking in a rocking chair. There is lots of movement, but it doesn't get you anywhere." -My Momma
- "The worst thing about a job is dreading it!” -My Momma
- Unless you are a dwarf or a very small child, you should drink more than eight glasses of water daily.
- Always believe something wonderful is going to happen!
Above all, you are the author of your life story, so make it what you dream it should be. I want mine to be a remarkable and exciting page-turner with a magnificent ending, and lots of family members, friends, and kitty cats right by my side. Oh, and like all magical tales, I get and keep the very handsome, romantic, strong, and funny prince charming in my story!
Connect with me on Twitter! I would love to hear some of your life lessons!