Recently, Jeff Mitchell, Director of Cloud Infrastructure at Bit-Wizards was asked to co-author a book with Senior Technical Evangelist at Microsoft, Blain Barton. The topic of the book would center on cloud technology and providing business owners and decision-makers the necessary skills for which to utilize the cloud to drive growth for their businesses. Blain states his reason for bringing Jeff in to contribute is that "he was the obvious choice for the Office 365 section of the book as he knows the technical implementations of this technology well!"
You must understand a topic very thoroughly to teach it, and this does not ring truer than when you must write to teach. During content development, many revisions were necessary due to the transformational nature of the technology on which this book focuses.
Jeff comments, “Writing a book is a ton of work as you might imagine. And since this one is meant to be a technology guide for business owners, it was necessary that the online resources match the newest updates to the actual technology discussed in the book. If these two pieces of information did not match the information presented would be useless once the book was published – we went through many revisions.”
Jeff also says, “There was a great team of people involved in this endeavor and Blain Barton being the passionate and inspirational person that he is, was the driving force behind this project. He truly made this a success.”
On June 10, 2015, after months of work from all the contributors the final book “Setting up Your Business in the Cloud” was published and posted for sale on the Microsoft Press Website. If you want to get your business entirely set up and operational using cloud technologies this book provides the necessary guidance and tools for you to accomplish that. Every component of the cloud is discussed and thoroughly walked through from start to finish. It is a truly valuable resource for the business owner or operator.
About the Book
Published 6/10/2015 - 320 pages
Use Microsoft cloud services to help build a more competitive, agile business. Grow your business with Microsoft public cloud services--without costly new hardware or IT staff. Discover high-value services including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Intune, Azure, OneDrive for Business, and Windows Server 2012 R2 in the cloud. Set up your work environment, build websites, customize apps, market online, and more!
This Microsoft Book
- Walks you through setting up your business in the cloud
- Presents easy instructions to help you get started fast
- Links online demos, hands-on labs, and additional free training through the Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Covers all types of Microsoft public cloud services: software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and platform as a service (PaaS)
Get the benefits of new technology without the hassles
- Deliver powerful Office 365 productivity tools on smartphones, tablets, and PCs
- Store files by using the built-in security features of Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Collaborate via Skype for Business and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Manage all your Windows, iOS, and Android devices with Microsoft Intune
- Create virtual servers to handle your workload tasks
- Quickly extend business software to new users by using Microsoft Azure RemoteApp
- Access and use cloud applications from within the Azure Application Gallery
- Build new websites by using Azure Websites
- Develop mobile apps by using Windows App Studio
- Teaches students how to set up a business to get the maximum impact from the latest technology with minimal financial investment
- Details steps of the process of setting up a business in the cloud
- Shows how to utilize the latest technology without investing in hardware and software
- Leads readers through demos and instructions to get a business up and running
- PowerPoint slides and a test bank will be provided as instructor resources
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of this book, you can get it here at The Microsoft Press Store
. Also, don't forget to connect with Blain on Twitter at @BlainBar or Jeff at @JeffMitchellFL.